Friday, March 5, 2010

Don't have a good day... make one!

I needed some encouragement this morning. Luckily, I saw this quote on someone elses blog and it really inspired me. I tell Kelly every morning to "have a good day" at work. I think I will start telling him to "make a good day" at work. This is sorta along the lines of "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it." We all have the power to set our own moods. I am learning how much easier it is to tell yourself that everything is/will be okay, instead of getting worked up over the things that go wrong.
Like this morning--- Ella Rae woke up super early! I was able to get her back to sleep for about 20 mins in our bed, but after that she was up. Being that we got up so early, I started some cleaning. Ella Rae hates the vacuum! Gets scared and either runs away or wants me to hold her. You try holding a one year old while vacuuming. But sometimes it just needs to be done. So, I was vacuuming the chair that Kiya sleeps on in our room and put Ella Rae up on the bed. She has gotten really good at staying away from the edges or scooting off backwards if she wants to get down. not this morning... She fell of the bed! Now don't go thinking I'm a bad momma, cus im NOT! But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get things done. So she cried for a few seconds (literally) and once she got her lovie she was fine. I was giving her the once over to make sure there were no cuts or bruises when I saw this rash:

I immediately called the Doctor, but of course no one answered. I left a message but I still (almost 3 hours later) have not heard from anyone. Ella Rae is not acting strange or having a hard time breathing.. no other symptoms other than this rash. So I have been watching her carefully and will probably give her some benadryl once she wakes up from her nap, if the rash hasn't improved. Needless to say though, it was a stressful morning! But the point of the whole post is to take control of your feelings. Tell yourself how you want to feel about something and it will happen! I got over my extreme worry about ER's rash- you can get over something in your life too! Don't have a good day... make one!

***UPDATE***
A nurse finally did call me back and said there was nothing to worry about. She told me the same thing I thought, that it was a contact rash from her jammies. The rash was much better after her nap, too! Phew- glad we dodged the bullet on that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment